Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCM9900 How to configure DCM to receive unicast stream input

Hi all,

I have problem to configure to get unicast input stream with Gbe interface on DCM9900? Can you guide me the steps to configure? I tried to find the document, but I didn't found any configuration guide. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Oak

27 Replies 27

Hi

No problem for late , you welcome any time .

Let's discuss some important things before start negotiate the design:-

1- DMS will be responsible for manage DMPs (registeration , contents , ...).

2-Multicast is used on netwrok to deliver application which is requested by some devices.

3-There is a big difference between stream and services delivery.

4- Cisco design is not depend on only device , but there is a complete solution which will give you finally the good result.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hi

based on the above post :

Notes:-

1- DMP only controlled by DMS , not (MXE or AS5510).

2-To allow DMP used to play vidoe or any thing must be integrated with DMM.

3-MXE is not built to deliver service , it is just for stream format , workflow , etc...

4-As5510 is used to get analouge input and give output stream , that is all.

5-Multicast will be used for IPTV.

Kindly check the below links which prove the above

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9901/ps10631/q_a_c67-565668.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9901/ps10588/ps10630/guide_c45-687395.pdf

Thank you

Hi

for Design

Requirements.:-

1- As5510 as encoder (from analoug to digital) MP4 stream.

2-MXe 3500 transcoder (from format to other format) convert from MP4 to HTTP or RTMP MP4 based on the customer requirement. just stram is useless without other devices.

3-DCM as encoder for broadcast the channels over the network as a multicast channels , after that DMP will join the multicast to receive the channel.

4-SNS show and share server.

5-DMM which will be responsible for DMP , s/w for DMPs.It is o important for SNS.

Additional

1-streaming server (windows server 2008 and streaming application (WOWZA &flash adobe).

2-ECDS  for straming for end users

Types  of traffic:-

1-live feed

Camera  - encoder (As5510)   stream -  transcoding (MXE)  formating output -WOWZA server streaming to    (ECDS) solution  then end user

2-IPTV

A-Satellite -DCM - multicast network - end user (DMP)  or

B-Satelite -DCM-MXE- wowza to reach show and share end users.

3-VOD

recorded video - show and share server -MXE (for format and file and bit rates)  then sends it back to SNS after the video is published -SNS will send it wowza then ECDS then end users.

Thank you

Hi,

- There is a big difference between stream and services delivery.

- MXE is not built to deliver service , it is just for stream format , workflow , etc...

- As5510 is used to get analouge input and give output stream , that is all.

You mean I shouldn't use AS5100,MXE send multicast to DMPs, even though it can do correct format. I should have ECDs to delivery. Is that right? At first, I tried to let AS5100, MXE send multicast and DMM use these multicasts for DMPs.

- DMP only controlled by DMS , not (MXE or AS5510).

Yes, I have DMM that controlled all DMPs.

Can you explain what wowza do with MXE and SnS?

Now, I use MXE to capture MMS, convert, and send multicast stream, but it can't do 6x concurrent stream. Is it possible to do it? I see license limit is to 6, but I can run only 1.

My DCM has only Gbe card and MFP card. I don't have idea to do with it in this situation. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bintasan

Hello

Please add for MXE 3500  the below

1- End users will reuest the videos using (RTMP MP4 , HTTP MP4).

2- MXE recives the stream and then processes the stream graphic overlays.

other Benefits

1-MXE uses watch folder to show (if any videos are uploaded to SNS) , then MXE transcodes to different formats and bit-rates and sends to SnS portal then SNS sends to an external server/ SAN.

Again multicast is not used by MXE & DMP . Request between DMP and DMM using multicast only for IPTV.

Thank you

Hi

ECDS : is a complete solution to your solution for live fees and SNS. ECDS consists of service router which handle requests from the end user (SnS client) then service routers using DNS of your company will ask for your requirement then it will convert it to service engine (which will be responsible for where the contents)

E.X

When the user accesses the Live event from Show n Share, the request is directed to ECDS Live Delivery Service and the closest Service Engine fetches the content from Content Acquirer and delivers the stream to the end user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps11281/solution_overview_c25-677672_ps11854_Product_Solution_Overview.html

Thank you

Hello

For Wowza server this is the streaming server which will be responsibe for push the output streaming from MXE to ECDS.

http://www.wowza.com/

You can use (Wowza or flash ) but Cisco recommends Wowza.

Hi

The final question ,please give me more details about IPTV issue for DCm????.

Thank you

Hello

it is along time , do not hear from you. For MXE issue , if  MXE output for HD stream . Yopu will only see one stream , for other stream it will work ok , because HD takes many streams, there is a calcuator for MXE streams .

Thank you

Hi

Thank you very much. I'm not sure that my mms is a HD stream. I will check it again.

For DCM, I have questions. Do input port and output port need to be pinged? I assigned VLAN to input port. Input port can be pinged. Can I also assigned to output port? Now I can't ping to it. DCM can get stream from input port and stream at output port, but I can't get stream.

I have to use multicast on different VLANs. Do I need to assign VLAN on input port and output port? and Can you suggest me what I need to do on DCM?

Thank you

Bintasan

Hi

I forgot to tell you that I have do as your suggestion at the first answer.

For no-assign VLAN, It works well. Other than default gateway, I'm not sure that do I need to assign static route to every subnet that get multicast stream? Because I'm on different subnet, I can't ping to DCM input and output ports if I'm not add static route to that subnet.

Thank you.

Bintasan

Hi Islam,

Would you be able to lay out steps required to configure DCM with Atlas MK2 cards. Requirement is to get ASI output from galaxy into DCM and multicast it out to DMPs using CAST. Goal is to get free to air feed on the DMPs.

Thanks

Aman

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi

MXE must be located after the As5510 , because AS5510 can not provide you with formats which end users will request , so you have to use MXE to allow formating fromone format to different formats.

Thank you

Please rate if this will help