cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID on FXO ports

richard-ziga
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to verify that I can connect a 4 port fxo card to the CO and receive DID this way. If anyone knows of a good link that would show the config example for this setup, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Rich

8 Replies 8

markanthony
Level 1
Level 1

This will not work. FXO port is a one to one relatonship with a DN. You will need a 4 port FXS/DID card to do what you want to do. Check to see if the router supports that card as my 2821 did not and hence had to use two 2 port DID cards instead.

As for the config on the DID port, there isn't anything special you need to do. I have some minor config in my ports for echo, timeouts and stuff but as long as you have your dial-peers and DN's setup, there shouldn't be any big config.

thanks for your response, I checked it out sounds like you are correct, I am wondering where you found that the 2821 does not support the 4 port DID card as the following link seems to indicate that the 2821 does. I will be using a 2811 so I need to know - again, thanks much

i am pretty sure you can use the 4 port with the 2821 as long as you have the right NM. I think you need the NM-HD-2VE

GET_SLandon
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe you can. DID is a service typically found on E&M or digital (ISDN) lines. You cannot receive DNIS on an FX(?) port.

On several Cisco web pages the caveat:

VIC-4FXS/DID 4-port FXS voice/fax interface

card. (Note: The DID feature is

not supported at this time.)

Is the DID feature supported now?

And, can I use 2 4 port vics on one NM?

I opened a case for this several months ago which is why I know it is not supported on the 2821 nor is it supported in an NM. It is however supported as far as I know on the 2801 (not 2811 or 2821). Like I said, you can still use the 2 port DID cards though.

I have recently loaded 12.3(14)t1 on a 2811 router with a VIC-4FXS/DID card. Previous to installing this latest release I was not allowed to even enter the "signal did" command under the voice port. With the new software the command is now supported. I have yet to actually test it on a live analog DID circuit but it looks promising.