cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying Original Called Number to IP Phones

KARL WHITSON
Level 1
Level 1

Can I display the Original Called Number on an IP phone to a user so the user knows what number the caller dialed?

I have a scenario where a user (let's call him Bob) needs to answer his phone differrently based on the number that the customer has dialed. Example Three differrent toll free numbers that are answered by Unity Auto Attendant and the customer uses the dial by name feature to find Bob. Unity then transfers the call to Bob's extension. Bob needs to answer the phone as "Hi this is Bob from company A, company B or company C based on which number the customer called." Can Call Manager natively display the Original Called Nubmer or if not, does anyone know of a canned XML application that can do this? I am using Call Manager 4.1(3) and Untiy 4.0(5). Any suggestions to my situation would be greatly appreceiated.

4 Replies 4

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

I would set up three different line appearances on the "Bob's" phone. From Unity based on which option the caller selected to can forward the call to a specific line appearance on Bob's phone and he will know how to answer the call.

Thanks for the response. I had thought of that as well, but I don't think it will work with Unity. Correct me if I am wrong, but once you find a person in Unity it will transfer only to that subscriber's main line. What ever number is keyed in as the primary extension. I know I could do this if Bob had three differrent subscriber accounts but that would require three Unity licenses and for him to manage three mailboxes. Bob doesn't want that. Any other ideas?

Have a look at call management "Call Routing" on Unity.

That might help you with your problem.

bianderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you could create a small IVR using unity then instead of using the dial by name function, you could use the caller input function to redirect you to one of 3 call handlers. This will transfer to any line appearance, or you could create CTI route points in Callmanager and have unity transfer to them. When they are forwarded to Bob's phone, you'll see the CTI route point name/number and be able to answer the call correctly.

HTH

Bill.