Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying Picture of the caller

yigitzorlu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When we receive an internal call from IP Phone an xml script displays Caller's Name and DN. This is an IPPhoneDirectory tag. I would like to learn which script is executed when we receive a call so I can modify it and let the Caller's picture to be seen on the phone.

So, anyone knows which XML file is executed when we receive a call ?

Thanks

Yigit

3 Replies 3

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Yigit,

I'm not aware of a script that is executed to display the callers info, as far as I know its a function of the Skinny (SCCP) protocol - the CallManager sends a "CallInfoMessage" SCCP message to the destination which contains information about the caller. You can see this by watching the packets during a call between two phones.

Are you using a third party program to push xml data to the phones during a call event? Or can you provide more information about this xml script that you mentioned? Perhaps someone here will know more, but this is an interesting issue!

-Aaron

Hi all,

What I thought was when SCCP makes the phone ring we see Caller's name which is actually an XML page .Probably SCCP runs a Javascript that checks whether CallerID is in Corporate Directory or Address Book or not. If it is there script displays calling number and name . If not it displays just calling number. If PSTN does not send caller ID it displays Private. If I know which script it is, I can add Caller's graphic which we know it can be done in many ways.

Thanks,

Yigit

RKha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yigit,

there is an application call CallerInfo.jsp from CiscoIPServices its appear the caller information lik the picture i attached , but really I tried many times to applied this application but its not work with me .

there is people run these application .

for further information inter this link http://developer.cisco.com/web/cdc/search?p_p_id=3&p_p_state=maximized&_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch&_3_keywords=callerinfo

search the CallerInfo and enter the Cisco_IP_Phone_Services_SDK_Overview

if you success to implement the application please tell me cuse i need help .