Views
Helpful
Replies

Distinguishing Between SNR and Personal Calls

buggs2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

I have an interesting issue that I may be overlooking a simple solution to. I have a user configured for Single Number Reach in CUCM that after a certain time of unanswered rings on her desk phone, it forwards to her cell phone. The routing works as expected, however, the user wants to know if there's a way for her to distinguish which calls are being forwarded to her personal phone via SNR and which ones are just normal calls to her personal device. Is there a way to accomplish this? 

Thanks in advance for any insight regarding this matter. 

3 Replies 3

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

I have tested this in my environment.

Follow these steps

• Set up a Partition RDP Xform (or whatever name you like)
  • Set up a CSS that can access the Partition
  • Add a Calling Party Transformation Pattern   CallRouting>Transformation>Transformation Pattern
  • Set a pattern of ! in the Partition you just created, set Calling Party Transformation Mask to a number that you would like to display on her phone when the RDP calls it.
  • In the RDP Profile set Calling Party Transformation CSS to the CSS you created

The cell phone should now display the number you set up in the Transformation Mask

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Good idea Jonathan and thanks for the reply.

Using your theory, if I set the calling party transformation mask to something like the main company number, and then have her save that number under a company name in her personal cell, that may be the only way to accomplish what's being requested. Let me test this out myself and I'll let you know what we come up with. 

Thanks again!

Yep that is the idea....let me know how you make out
Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.