cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dropped packets - port 2000 (wireless phones)

kurtdeneef
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone explain me this?

I can see in our ACL's that packets are being dropped from our wireless cisco phones to their default gateway on port 2000.

so i guess i have to permit traffic from that voice vlan on that port because it is used by the Skinny protocol.But is this a bug or something because i don't have any problems with these phones...

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Kurt

btw,the gateway is a 2611(XM)router with c2600-js-mz.123-10a as software

5 Replies 5

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

You'll have to permit traffic from that voice vlan on the port 2000. Port 2000 is used for IP phones to talk to Call Manager server. If this port is blocked , the phones will lose registration to CM server.

yes,i agree...but why are there packets dropped on port 2000 on the gateway...maybe something stupid but could it be that when the 7920 is placing an external call that the CCM is setting up the call with the gateway (SCCP) and then at gateway level the protocol is dropped because the other side does not know SCCP?

Just a wild guess.

Kind regards,

Kurt

anyone?

we would need to know the topology/path(s) possible that the call could take.

if a gateway is dropping 100% of skinny packets, then a skinny phone behind it will not function. perhaps the phone is operating off another AP or taking another path to ccm?

We have a Siemens central and from here we route our calls for Cisco to our voice gateway.This MGCP gateway has a connection with our callmanager.

The ip phones are connected with a 3560 switch and sometimes a 2950.

Such a switch is connected to a 2611XM router.from there it goes to the LAN. (they are installed at fabrics,so there are many)

The voice gateway has 2 connections: 1 PRA to the Siemens central and 1 connection towards the callmanager.

I really don't know why the router is dropping packets from the wireless LAN.

Kind regards,

Kurt