Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility question .

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to have login/logout feature for end users in CM using the extension mobility feature.

What I want to do is , when a user with extension say XYZ logs in he can dial any international number but when he logs out, he can only have local PSTN access. He shuld have the same XYZ extension number in both cases though.

Question Do i need to have two profiles created for each user for extension mobility or jst one profile for international access and the next a default profile ??

Thanks

Brgds

renzil

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DO the following:

1. Create new parition called deviceprofile-pt

2. Create new CSS called International-css

3. Assign an international route pattern partition to this CSS

4. Create the device profile, assign the new CSS and partition to the device profile Line

This way you can still have the same extension, and not be a shared line (different partition), and be able to assign different CSSes.

Make sure you include the deviceprofile-pt in other CSSes that need to reach this DN.

Chris

hello chris,

thanks for tht suggestion. It works ok. My question is under the device profile , under the DN for the line , it shows as shared line. Is that OK ?

Brgds

renzil

It should not be a shared line if you assigned it to different partition. But as long as you can assign seperate calling search spaces that is OK.

Chris