cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extensions with restrictions of longdistance call

johnmathai
Level 1
Level 1

In a normal PABX , it is possible to have authorisation codes for long distance calls for each of the users or have extensions which has long distance calling restrictions and others not. Is it possible to have same on a Call manager ? The call manager version is 3.2

3 Replies 3

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

In Call Manager, you can use partitions and Calling Search Spaces to create Class of Service Restrictions, to restrict individual Phones from making Long Distance Calls.

More info is here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_2/sys_ad/3_2_1/ccmsys/a03ptcss.htm#10870

There isn't a way to really handle authorization codes in Call Manager today, this is supposed to be added in the next major realease. You can mimic the basic authorization code functionality but it's not very secure.

Create a route pattern that has a digit string for the authorization code. for example, a normal route pattern for long distance calls might be 9.@, you could create a route pattern say, 912345.@ where the 12345 is your authorization code. Not very secure and it could be difficult to bill.

Tim

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Thanks Tim let me try this out and I will get back to you.

Tim,

Sorry I am coming back on this after a long time, but I wanted to thank you , it works fine and we are using it that way.

Regds/John