Views
Helpful
Replies

External Call Forwarding

kolkatagtc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having PSTN connectivity where calls go to the PSTN through E1 Circuits terminated in NM-HDV2 modules in Cisco 3745 router. Now the issue is I want to stop external call forwarding to any external numbers such as home phone or cell or any numbers.

I am running CCM 4.1.3

Is it possible.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

The feature you are asking is called External Call Transfer Restrictions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3aa2.html

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The restriction on external call transfer, as mentioned by "yshraybman" does not seem to be the issue you tried to explain - correct me if I am wrong.

I think you don't want your users, who can call outside to forward calls from their IP phones to their cellphones or home numbers.

If this is the case, then create a partition (PA_Block) and create a calling search space (CSS_Block). Assign this partition of the Call Forward All option under Line settings of a phone.

When the user will try to do CFA on this line, the phone will try to use this CSS_Block to make the call, but when it will not find the route pattern's partition in the calling search space, the call will fail. But, make sure that you have your route patterns in a partition - do not keep them in the "none" partition.

Normally, that phone will be able to call any number, but when Call forward all is used, it wont be able to call any number, as the CSS on the line doesnt have any route pattern's partition in it.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

you are making a mistake and that is if the CSS is changed for forward_all then it will block all forwarding. i mean forward_all will be blocked. I want that forward_all can work in the internal cluster but not to the outside world with PSTN.

in this regard "yshraybman" is right.

will update u once i complete it.

Moreover your solution is to be done in each and ever phone which is not at all a acceptable solution in my setup bcoz there are more than 7000 phones in a single cluster with 5 subscribers.

Thanks for replying.

U can perform this action by using BAT for all your phones.

As far as the CSS is concerned, for CFA the CSS that u will have, wont have the partition for the route pattern which is used for external calls - simple.

So, this phone will be able to call other phones in the same location or any other location as u will have to put all those partitions in the CSS on the phone.

Example :

RoutePattern_External : 9.@

Partition : PA_RoutePattern_External

Phone A : DN 5000

Partition : PA_Phones

CSS : CSS_Phones

CFA >>> CSS : CSS_Restricted

Calling Search Spaces :

CSS_Phones >>> Partitions : PA_EveryPartition

CSS_Restricted >>> Partitions : PA_EveryPartitionExceptPA_RoutePattern_External

Hope this example helps.