cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward a call based on a Zip code

a.gilles
Level 1
Level 1

I would like do make a script to ask to a caller to give his Zip Code and based on this Zip code forward the call to a queue, or a n°. I don’t find a way to map the zip code given by the caller to all ZIP for the region …

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

If you are interested in doing all ZipCodes in US, you will have to create a database with information relating to each zipcode.

The database can have 3 fields, ZipCode, Q name and any number relating to the zipcode.

After the caller inputs the zipcode, you store it to a variable and do a DB read, DB Get based on the zipcode entered. You can store the Q and number information got from the database to a variable and route calls based on that variable.

Just for learning/testing purpose you don't have to do a database.

Thanks For the info's.

I just need to map ZIP code from belgium.

I would like to avoid to use database query, but if there are no other ways, I will create a new database in one of my SQL's. I've already have the ZIP--Town in a xls sheet. Then it would not take me so much time to do it.

Still Thanks

Alain

I’ve still need some help; I’ve a problem with the following script:

I do a “get digit string” to the “getzip” variable string to have the Zip code of the caller, then after a “DB read” and “DB get” based on the “getzip value” and compare this new variable “getsql” to a defined variable “defined” with the step IF “

It seems that the ”get digit” and the query to the database is working fine

It seems I’ve some problem with the “IF” step getsql== defined during this step my script give me an error.

Two questions: How can I see the value of my variables during a sequence?

Can I compare a value from a “string” variable with a “Bigdecimal” variable?

If not how can I receive a value with a “string” format from my SQL server?

Thanks for your help.

With CRS you have the flexibilty of using xml files just like a database. That way you do not have to purchase the enhanced cti ports for database dips. I am doing the same thing you are except instead of querying a database I parse an xml file.