Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO-M3 won't drop the line!!!

gregsporton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm in Australia and I've got a VG200 with an 2FXO-M3 card installed in an NM-2V. I'm using H.323 back to the CallManager and have a PLAR configured for extension 2000:

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729br8

codec preference 3 g729r8

!

voice-port 1/0/0

connection plar 2000

!

dial-peer voice 201 voip

destination-pattern 2000

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:172.16.2.100

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!

Theb PLAR connection works fine and the 3 phones with DN 2000 configured ring as expected. The problem comes when I don't answer a call and the caller hangs up, the phones just keep on ringing!!

I've tried 'supervisory disconnect anytone' and 'supervisory disconnect signal' but neither of them work. I haven't tried dualtone as I have not idea of the frequencies used. I have tried this with cptone AU off and on but it make no difference.

If anyone has any words of wisdom I would LOVE to hear then!!

Kind regards,

Greg.

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

More info on configuration of VG 200 series with callmanager us available in the below document.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_access/apg/vg248/v1_2/sw_confg/index.htm

Hello, Greg.

I suppose that you are faced with the same problem

like I. The problem was following.

When caller hangs up on the line I have two tones in the opposite direction. Ringback tone from GW to the

PSTN and Disconnect tone from Pstn to the GW. Is this right ? You can check this if you connect phone

reseiver to the line. In such situation supervisory

disconnect doesn't work.

hey,

well i havent had any experience with the VG but i posted a few things on the same type of issue is was having. these were on 2621 routers with vic-2fxo on nm-2v modules. i couldnt get the call to disconnect immediately and the phones kept on ringing. here are the steps i did to rectify the problem on my ten sites

1. create custom cptone - didnt work

2. create dual detection parameter- didnt work

3. converted pstn line to trunk with COD- didnt work

4. applied custom cptone and dual to voice port with new trunk lines - worked.

one thing to note though is for my scenario i had to specify a supervisory disconnect timing. thus, i had to put in the correct IOS version to support the command "timing sup-disconnect". this was offered in 12.3(13a) or later and 12.3 14T1 or later

not telling you that this would work for you but im telling you i had the same problem with ALL MY SITES and this was the soultion that fixed ALL sites and you actually got immediate disconnect. i have had other sites with 2801 routers and vic2-4fxo cards as well. i dont need the sup-disconnect command for these but I MUST CONVERT MY LINES TO TRUNKS. the reason being that when you convert to trunks you can have more fetures i.e COD. with residential lines there is not real features that can be added. also, converting to trunks will not affect the exisiting operations what so ever. its simply a software configuration from the CARRIER side.

i hope maybe this can assist you. i know for me i was really reaching the end of the line with this problem.i also know that i lost a few brain cells trying to lick it...:)