cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper zone routing

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Does somebody have the gatekeeper address resolution algorithm when zone routing is used? example: ccm-gk

thanks

alex

7 Replies 7

But, what happens when there are more than one local zone and both gateways (in diferent local zones) are not registering E.164 numbers (example: PRI gateways)

I read the document, but does not explain zone matching decisions (for example gateway selections) for this case.

Thanks for your help

Alex

If you have two zones, zone1 and zone2, with gateways in each zone; gtwy1 in zone1 and gtwy2 in zone2, then call routing will be based on zone prefix configured and technology prefix.

If configured, gateways register to gatekeeper with a technology prefix. An incoming call into gatekeeper will be matched with technology prefix and zone prefix. Based on the configuration you do, the call will be routed to a specific gateway in the zone when a prefix match is found. If no specific gateway destination is found, the call will be sent to multiple gateways which register with default technology-prefix.

Can you tell me what you are actually trying to achieve, and if you have any config that you are working on or referring to?

I had configured a Gatekeeper with Callmanagers and gateways. I did the configuration as you explain and it works.

But when I read the cisco link it does not mention anything about this behavior and I fear that my configuration failed in certain conditions.

Any link that include this behavior?

Thanks

Alex

You will find some gatekeeper related doc in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Technologies:H323&s=Implementation_and_Configuration

If you can post your config we can have a look at it.

There are may local zones:

If zone prefix does not match and "arq reject-unknown prefix" is not configured, What local zone does the router choose?

Thanks

Alex

The gatekeeper will choose all those gateways in any local zone which register to the gatekeeper with the default technology prefix. Whichever gateway knows the route to the called number will accept the call.

If no default technology prefix is configured, the gatekeeper will reject the call.