cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting the best from two CM servers cluster design.

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some advice on configuring backup and load sharing in two server cluster design. Can I configure the publisher as a backup CM or ideally do loadsharing. The IP phones will be only 15 to start. I am actually configuring a IPCC express solution for which I have two MCS 7825 servers for CM application and two MCS 7825 servers for hosting the IPCC express premium CRS server.

Thanks

renzil

2 Replies 2

Hi,

my experiance shows that if you have 500 IP users no load sharring is needed on th MCS7825. If you have more users SRND suggest to make two CCM groups and for one group PUB will be the primary and SUB will be secondary and for another group SUB will be primary and PUB secondary.

To be honest, I prefer a method where for all users SUB is primary and PUB is secondary.

Regarding IPCCX - I am not sure that you can make redundancy with IPCCX. As far as I know IPCCX can't be configured in the clustered configuration.

Mladen

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Current version of IPCCX does not provide redundancy. The only redundancy is the ctimanager connection, meaning you can configure CRA to connect to multiple CCMs, in case one CCM goes down another takes over processing jtapi connection. If your IPCCX goes down NO hot-standby IPCCX!

Chris