cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with cisco 2611XM and CME

knclcadmin
Level 1
Level 1

having to repost this - technical glitch first time round. We're looking to implement a VoIP system with a cisco router 2611XM runnig CME - the router will terminate 1 or 2 ISDN bri lines coming into our premises. Off the router is a 3550 switch, IP phones will run off the switch (dedicated network/switch for voice, so not converged). I know what equipment we need but just don't know where to start configuring - do we start with the switch i.e realtime services? or the VIC modules (ISDN Bri NT/TE voice module with NM-1) and what would the dial peers and dial plans be for a simple network like ours i.e no router-to-router or router-to-pbx communications involved.

CME docs indicate that VoIP network must be up and operational before config of cme on the router - what does this mean/what does it involve specifically? beyond the obviousness of the statement ;). Help very much appreciated

1 Reply 1

rbradfield
Level 2
Level 2

If there is going to be only one vlan, then you don't really have to do anything to the switch, you can run on the default vlan 1. on the router give the ethernet interface an Ip address, which will be the gateway address for the IP phones, I assume you will want to run DHCP to assign the phones an IP address, ensure the DHCP scope is for the same network as the routers ethernet interface. then follow the CME admin guide

HTH

Richard.