cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I get recording of phone converstation on an IP phone

htsiartas
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any 3rd partly application that will Record IP phone conversation at the users request?

5 Replies 5

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

For the geek in all of us, there's VOMIT (Voice Over Misconfigured Internet Telephon); a freeware utility that will take captured packets and turn it back into a voice conversation. For those less pencil-protector inclined, the Company Formerly Known as Eyretel, since purchased by Witness Systems, has what I hear is a very nice solution for recording calls on demand. Appears as a service on the phone from what I hear. You can contact Witness Systems (who unfortunately has not brough all their sales people up to speed on the Eyretel products, last I talked to them) or Eyretel's old US reseller, Spanlink Communications. Either one can probably get you set up. That, however, is not free :)

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

Beginning in CallManager 3.3(3), you will be able to have more control over the rtp streams. So it would not be so difficult to develop your own IP Phone Service to accomplish this.

Better control over RTP streams in CM 3.3(3)? Sounds intesting, can you give us a link to get more information?

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

yes, Eyretel is a very nice voice recording package. I used it for a project for a customer. it can do full time recording without using the services. Or you can do on-demand recording using a IP Phone Service. They also sell an option where you can listen into a live call. All is Web Based except for a small portion which uses a Windows GUI.

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

Take a look at http://www.corvero.com/ Their application will buffer a call until the user hits the record softkey and then record the ENTIRE converstation (starting at the beginning of the call). Also, the data stream stored on the server is done in it's native G.711 format with a timestamp. Every customer we have shown this to so far has been very, very impressed with the capabilities. Also, other applications such as broadcast paging are available too.

Good Luck