cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a videoconference "injection" to a multicast address in the LAN?

Rodrigo Moreno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fellows!!

As you might well know, for the DMS solution, the DMPs can take a video streaming from an IP multicast address in the LAN, as part of their playlists.

My question is: How to inject the videoconference into a multicast address in the LAN?

I mean, is this configured in the TCS? In the VCS? In the CUCM??

For example, in an scenario where I have 200 Codecs in the LAN....how will THE FINAL USER configure which of those videoconference streamings is to be injected in X multicast address?? The DMPs will be configured to take the videostreaming from that X multicast address....but emphasizing...how will the user configure WHICH STREAMING to place into that address??

I hope I'd made my point...thanks a lot and best regards!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello rodrigo,

in an attempt to provide you with the correct answer, i assume that your final goal is to provide a solution to your end-users  that will enable them to select the channel/multicast stream of their choice  using the DMP.

Having that in mind, i can suggest the following:

1) You need to configure the channels under the Cast module of the DMM and assign a local significant channel name binded to a multicast ip. Then, your users can simply switch between channels (thus multicast streams) using the dmp remote control

or

2) use the cucm to emulate the dmp remote control as instructed here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_3/dmm/user/guide/dmm53x.pdf

Is this acceptable and understandable?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello rodrigo,

in an attempt to provide you with the correct answer, i assume that your final goal is to provide a solution to your end-users  that will enable them to select the channel/multicast stream of their choice  using the DMP.

Having that in mind, i can suggest the following:

1) You need to configure the channels under the Cast module of the DMM and assign a local significant channel name binded to a multicast ip. Then, your users can simply switch between channels (thus multicast streams) using the dmp remote control

or

2) use the cucm to emulate the dmp remote control as instructed here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_3/dmm/user/guide/dmm53x.pdf

Is this acceptable and understandable?

Thanks panayiotiscy, but how do I place those multicast streams in the LAN? I mean, specificly....which device is responsible for "releasing" the videoconference multicast streams in the LAN?? If there are 200 codecs in the LAN having simultaneous conferences....how do I configure which of those 200 conferencing streamings is to be injected in the LAN???

hey Rodrigo,

Can you please let us know the exact model of your codecs (e.g is it a polycom codec? S.A ? etc)