cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to lock down phones with passcode to call long distance.

pcastilleja
Level 1
Level 1

Want to be able to lock down our phones through call manager 3.3 here on our network where staff have to put in a passcode to make a long distance call. Can someone assist me with this.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

I think what you would want to use is called Forced Authorisation codes. Here is an excerpt from the FAC doc for 3.3.4.

Forced Authorization Codes (FAC) and Client Matter Codes (CMC) allow you to manage call access and accounting. CMC assists with call accounting and billing for billable clients, while Forced Authorization Codes regulate the types of calls that certain users can place.

Client Matter Codes force the user to enter a code to specify that the call relates to a specific client matter. You can assign client matter codes to customers, students, or other populations for call accounting and billing purposes. The Forced Authorization Codes feature forces the user to enter a valid authorization code before the call completes.

Here is a link to the actual document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f0129.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

chartford
Level 1
Level 1

Force authorization codes came out in version 4.1. I suppose you could use translations patterns and carefully planned partitions and calling search spaces to accomplish what you want.

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CM 3.3(2) and I wanted to do the same thing but was unable to due to the Version we had just like you. You can however make changes in the partions and calling search spaces of each phone as well as the Route Patterns.

If you have not solved this you may call me and I can explain to you ove the phone.

505-624-8110

Bill L