cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Make Calls via WAN with CISCO Call Manager?

shuzaimi
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 call manager 3.3 in 2 seperate locations. Both sites are connected via a 256k leased line. Both site are using a CISCO 2611 series router.

Site A - Call manager 3.3 with 2 IP Phone 7960G

Site B - Call manager 3.3 with 80 IP Phone 7860G.

What i would greatly would like to accomplish is to make calls via the 256k WAN. I have read cisco's articles that this is possible, but am having trouble doing the configurations.

It would be of great help if someone could kindly guide me thru the steps to make this possible.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I would assume that both of these sites are there own cluster? If so you can create Non-Gatekeeper Controlled InterCluster Trunks to point to one another, just make sure you have the proper QoS on the WAN setup.

Put the InterCluster Trunk in its own location thus you can limit how many calls can traverse the WAN because of your limited bandwidth. Also in your device pool you also would make them there own region thus you can say any calls going over that to be G.729 instead of G.711.

Look on CCO's site for creating an intercluster trunk, regions and locations. just make sure you have a MRGL for the device pool for the link that contains MTP so the calls coming over can be converted back to G.711 unless you make everything in your environment G.729.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your information. I have managed to make calls but it seems more like a one way conversation. The other party can hear me loud and clear but i'm unable to hear anything from the other side.

Could you pls assist me on this. You assistance is appreciated very much indeed.

tQ

This is a good document for troubleshooting one-way audio.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml

You can also try checking the MTP resources check box if this does not work.

The more detail of how you have your CCM's and network configured I will be able to assist further.

Do you have all your Media Resource groups configured?

Do you have the MRG's in MRGL's?

Do you have the MRGL in a device pool that not only the phones belong to but also the gateway?

How do you have your edge routers/voice gateway's configured.

etc..

HTH

oh! and since you are running 3.3, take a look at this phone load information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00801c96bd.shtml

Well, the router's configs are nothing special, the only line that i added to site B's router is like this :

voice rtp send-recv

voice service voip

h323

interface Serial0/0

description 256K

bandwidth 256

ip address 10.x.x.2 255.255.255.0

ip access-group 100 out

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no cdp enable

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id Site_B ipaddr 10.x.x.250 1718

dial-peer voice 1 voip

gateway.

Should i add the lines above to the other router as well? One router is : IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IS-M), Version 12.3(6b), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

The other one is : IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IO3S56I-M), Version 12.1(18), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Would the IOS version difference make impact on the calls?

tQ for your time..

One other thing to check is to see if you have all servers from both clusters in the ICT config.