cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to record a video on MX300

ledaivuong1990
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Mx300 for video conference, but I don't know how to record a video on this device

My scenario:

- Record a HD video (720 - 1080) with sound

- Save this video on my laptop which connect with Mx300

Thank all for your time,

Vuong Le

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're not able to connect your laptop and use the endpoint's camera and microphone to record a video, it doesn't work like that and isn't capable of it, as the endpoint is used for the purpose of having video conferences.

Besides the TCS, you could use WebEx Meeting Center and CMR Cloud with the MX300 to record a video and save it to your computer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TelePresence Content Server is the solution for recording video conferences involving endpoints or even conference bridges such as an MCU or TelePresence Server.  You connect to it just as you would any typical H323 or SIP participant, and you're capable of recording video, audio, and presentation content.

If you have more questions regarding this or how it would work, suggest you move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are actively discussed.  You can move the thread by editing it, and changing the categories at the bottom of the page.

[@patrick.sparkman]  

Grateful for your help

Actually I don't need to recording video conferences, i just need to recording a simple video that the same way when you record a video on Mobile or other camera.

The problem:

- how to use the camera and mic on Mx300 to record?

- how to save the video to my laptop?

You're not able to connect your laptop and use the endpoint's camera and microphone to record a video, it doesn't work like that and isn't capable of it, as the endpoint is used for the purpose of having video conferences.

Besides the TCS, you could use WebEx Meeting Center and CMR Cloud with the MX300 to record a video and save it to your computer.

Thank you very much!

I don't get exactly what I must to do but I will try to find tutorial on page that you have provided

Best regards, 

Vuong Le

Basically with both solutions mentioned above, you'd be creating a video conference by connecting the MX300 as a participant which would allow you to record the conference.