Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup multi-site callmanager ?

liangxing-lin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm preparing a solution about CIPT with multi-site callmanager.

Require:

SiteA , callmanager, Extension 8xxx

SiteB , callmanager, Extension 7xxx

Callmanager on SiteA and SiteB will not config as cluster.

Questions:

1. How to setup both Callmanager?

2. Need one gatekeeper or two gatekeepers? which site(s) router can I config it as a gatekeeper?

3. Does need config a TRUNK in Callmanager?

4. Does need config REGION in Callmanager?

5. I have no idea, I fail to find out an example in cisco site. who can provide an example or provide configuration.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

1. If you have a single callmanager at each site, then the publisher will also provide call processing for the IP phones at each site.

2. Gatekeeper need depends on whether you want call admission control(CAC). If the link between the two sites has enough bandwidth, then you donot need CAC, hence no gatekeeper for this scenerio. If the link doesn't have enought bandwidth and you want to limit x number of calls between the two sites, you need a gatekeeper. Either router can be configured as a gatekeeper.

3. Yes, you will need a trunk, and an Inter-cluster trunk will be required.

4. Only one region is required in Callmanager. Normaly within your LAN you will use g711 codec, and over the WAN (ie, to remote you will use g729 codec). In that case you need one more region, other then the default. The default region will have the ip phones and gateways. The new region will be assigned to the Inter-cluster trunk. Among the regions you will use g729 codec.

5. www.cisco.com/go/srnd --> Check the pdf document "IP Telephony for CallManager 3.3" for a good design guide.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

1. If you have a single callmanager at each site, then the publisher will also provide call processing for the IP phones at each site.

2. Gatekeeper need depends on whether you want call admission control(CAC). If the link between the two sites has enough bandwidth, then you donot need CAC, hence no gatekeeper for this scenerio. If the link doesn't have enought bandwidth and you want to limit x number of calls between the two sites, you need a gatekeeper. Either router can be configured as a gatekeeper.

3. Yes, you will need a trunk, and an Inter-cluster trunk will be required.

4. Only one region is required in Callmanager. Normaly within your LAN you will use g711 codec, and over the WAN (ie, to remote you will use g729 codec). In that case you need one more region, other then the default. The default region will have the ip phones and gateways. The new region will be assigned to the Inter-cluster trunk. Among the regions you will use g729 codec.

5. www.cisco.com/go/srnd --> Check the pdf document "IP Telephony for CallManager 3.3" for a good design guide.