Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P to CM Integration question - SRV records

Ben Rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am setting up a 3 node CM and 2 node IM&P environment. I am looking to figure out how to get the SRV records setup properly for the integration. I have the SRV records created but I'm not sure how this should be done properly. The documentation seems to be lacking. I can only add one SRV on the IM&P gateway config for the CM servers. On the reverse side do I need to setup the virtual IP on the IM&P server so both servers listen on that IP for the SRV record that is configured on the SIP trunk on the CM side? I understand the usage for the SRV records but how does CM and IM&P use them?

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the SRV records are DNS related, why are you adding them to the IM&P gateway?  

what SRV records are you referring to?  can you elaborate.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

I am using DNS for the servers to communicate to each other. Not IP. I am adding them to the gateway for the purpose of SR records, redundancy. Sorry if I wasn't clear. In the below guide it's unclear how to do this in an HA enviornment. I have the SRV records and the related A records configured on my windows DNS server. How would I use those SRV records on the CM and IM&P? There is a ticket box for SRV records in the CM trunk page but I can only add one SRV record. I have two IM&P servers. And on the other side I only have one option for a gateway for the CM service. Any idea?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-im-presence-service/118590-config-cucm-00.html