cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound call isssue from pstn-->callmanager3.1 via vg200/e1 dont connect

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

Have a callmanager in china that has had issues recently.

Whereby calls can be made to pstn globally though none can be received from pstn -->

Cm phones

This has been an intermittent problem and the On site support guys have resolved the issue by rebooting callmanager.

I think the issue may be related to problem 2 below when this happens all inbound calls from PSTN will get a recorded announcement from telco.

So My question is why would rebooting CM fix this issue for a few days. This leads me to think it might be another issue.

On this particular gateway it is not getting binded to a loopback.but it works fine for whatever period of time.

Never has there been 1 way voice .When it fails calls can not come in from pstn calls can be made though.

Obviously trace info is required don’t have any at this stage : ( but i'm hoping someone has seen the same issue and can explain why rebooting The CM fixes the issue if it is a h225 setup failure.

So Callmanager knows how to get to the gateway for days then all of a sudden it doesn’t that’s if problem 2 is correct.Any explanation appreciated

It might not have issues for days IOS very recent 12.2.11t off the top of my head.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Event log reports routelistexhausted errors and according cco -->

The only explanation here is Gateway fails to respond to the call setup request .This is more from CM side which isnt an issue as calls can be placed.

Even so i thought users in restriced being CCS whould get reorder and CCM logs would say no potential match.Anyway thats heading of the track.

I have detailed trace turned on CM now and am ready to take some debugs from VG when the error is reported again.

. CCO data below

Problem #2

Inbound calls from PSTN are not completing to Cisco CallManager and the Cisco IP phone, while the Cisco CallManager and H323 gateway are properly configured.

Symptom/Error

From debug cch323 h225 on the H323 gateway, we see it sent out a h225 setup message to Cisco CallManager, but never heard back. This is because Cisco CallManager does not know how to reach the ip address that the H323 gateway used for the H225 setup message.

Solution

Use the interface specific command, H323-gateway voip bind scraddr x.x.x.x, in the H323 gateway to force it to use a specific ip address (which is reachable by Cisco CallManager) to send the H225 setup message.

Problem #3a

Problem

Inbound calls from PSTN to Cisco CallManager do not work, while outbound from Cisco CallManager to PSTN work fine.

Symptom/Error

From debug voip ccapi inout on the H323 gateway, we see the Cisco CallManager is disconnecting the call because of an unassigned number (0x1) or invalid number (0x1C).

Solution

Check the Cisco CallManager configuration to make sure that H323 gateway is in a Calling Search Space that enables it to reach the Partitions that the IP phones belong to.

Problem #3b

Problem

Inbound calls from PSTN to Cisco CallManager do not work, while outbound from Cisco CallManager to PSTN work fine.

Symptom

From debug voip ccapi inout on the H323 gateway, we see the gateway is disconnecting the call because of an unassigned number (0x1) or invalid number (0x1C).

Solution

Check the IOS configuration for any number-expansions or translation patterns, any called number coming from PSTN needs to go through these patterns before it is matched to the VOIP dial-peer.

2 Replies 2

benng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Allan,

If rebooting the CM repairs this "inbound calls failure" for a few days, I would suspect that something's wrong on the CM.

However, in order to troubleshoot this furthur, do you have the ccm trace for the failed calls? Also the following debugs captured on the gateway when the failure is occuring will help also:

- debug cch323 h225

- debug voip cc in

Please zip them up and email it to me at benng@cisco.com.

Thanks,

-ben

yeah at the moment i dont I'm waiting for the issue to occur again.

I have turned detailed trace on the CM

After further investigation today.I realize that all the calls inbound are being expanded to another number that is the Unity AA The site obviously doesnt have many DID numbers.

So this issue could be unity related as well i think.

Anyway when the issue arrises I am going to obtain the gateway trace look at SDI trace the first thing I will reboot is unity and see if this fixes the issue.

I'm sure there is more than 1 DID, number and one must get translated to a phone directly without AA so i will try find that by calling some of the NUM-exp numbers.This will be the first number i call when the incident occurs then i will stop/start unity and see what happens.

from the debug Isdn q931 all calls that i have seen are going through num-exp and hitting AA.

I will send you any info as i compile it thanks.