cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls on 7914 expansion module

bmelzow
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our Callmanagers to 3.3(4) from version 3.3(3). This upgrade came with a new phone load(P00306000300). We have some users that are now complaining that when a call comes in on the 7914 expansion module and they pick up their handset they are now answering the calls. They claim that this did not happen before.

From what I remember in order to answer a call on the 7914 you needed to press the line button next to the line recieving the call to answer that call. Am I mistaken or did the 7960 phones always answer incomming calls on a line assigned to the 7914?

We would line the lines on the 7914 to be like a monitor only line and if needed you can manually answer calls by pressing the 7914 buttons.

I cannot find any documentation on disabling automatic pickup on the 7914 expansion module.

5 Replies 5

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

We are using CCM 3.3(2) and as far as I know that is the way the 7914 has performed all along. Its the main reason we didn't deploy the 7914. Problem is frustrating for the user in that most of the lines on the 7914 are set to non-ringing, so unless you happen to be looking at the 7914 when you pickup the receiver, there is a good chance you will answer someone else's phone call.

Maybe Cisco has a fix for this in 4.0 or a plan for some future release. In the meantime, we are using the Web Attendant application.

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

I had the same problem. You need to make sure the FW on the 7914 was upgraded properly. Have a look to see what version it is - it should be S00104000000. If it isn't, I think you need to downgrade to 5.0(5), upgrade the 7914 to 4.0, then upgrade the handset back to 6.0(3).

I did that today and it worked fine. The release notes for the 4.0 FW for the 7914 says it's only certified for CCM 4.0, but it works fine on 3.3(3)SR4a.

Thanks for the advise but, we currently have Firmware version S00104000000. We are also using CCM 3.3(4). When we were using CCM 3.3(3) it worked as I described in the initial post.

Anymore help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

mmihalas
Level 1
Level 1

There is a CM Service Parameter that might help. It is called "Always Use Prime Line". It is set to false by default. Set it to true, and picking up the handset will only answer the first line on the 7960. You will have to use the line buttons to answer any other lines. The downside is that it will affect all your users, not just the attendant so it may require some retraining.

Mike

I am aware of this service prameter but the users that have 7960 phones would still like to be able to pick up the 6 lines on their phone by picking up the handset or speaker button. Not all of our users have the 7914 cards and changing a system wide service parameter is too drastic.

Please advise. - Billy