cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing CRS/CRA 3.0(3) on HP DL320-G2

noblem
Level 1
Level 1

anyone managed to get this working? I have tried with OS version 2000 2.4(came with CRA) and I get to insrt disk 3 and it reads the disc and stops. i tried with OS version 2000 2.3 (came with CCM3.3(2) and I dont even get past disk one.

is this something funny with the IDE/ATA raid controller?? I have tried a few options but nothing seems to go. I have even tried to disable the raid but cannot seem to do that very well.

though i do see in documentation for 3.0 the dl320-g2 is not mentioned and it also states that dual proc. and RAID is not supported, in the 3.0 (3) docs. the DL320-G2 is supported and only dual proc. are not supported RAID is not mentioned here.

any Ideas, pointers greatly appriciated

2 Replies 2

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

You have to follow the HW guidelines exactly - The part numbers can be located at www.cisco.com/go/swonly

bart-peters
Level 1
Level 1

You are right about about os version 2000.2.4 for a DL320-G2 system. Disk 3 is a DVD. So be sure you have a DVD player in the G2.

If you don't have that then there is a way around it. Take another system with a DVD player and create a a CD-ROM with only the image you need for the DL320-G2 system (that will fit on a CD-rom). Keep the rest of the directory structure the same.

But remember without DVD you don't have an approved platform.

Anyway. What you want works fine for us on a G2.