Views
Helpful
Replies

Insufficient dsps

rowind
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

I've a Cisco 2621xm with, NM-2V, VIC 2B-NT/TE and 2 VIC-FXS.

When booting I get the message that the router doesn't have enough DSPS (Cannot support all voice channels on VICs). Thus I have only 2 voice channels (1/0/0 and 1/0/1) instead of 4 (+1/1/0 and 1/1/1). What is the problem?

I tried ios releases:

c2600-is-mz.122-16.bin

c2600-is-mz.122-15.T1.bin and

c2600-is-mz.122-11.YT.bin

Thanx,

Rob Wind

System engineer Datacom

KPN

6 Replies 6

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

If you start yanking Voice Cards out, what is the result? Sounds like you don't have enough on you NM-2V,

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Rob,

You have six voice channels in the NM-2V: four channels in the VIC 2B-NT/TE and two channels in the FXS. NM-2V only supports four channels. It is likely that the 2600, in this moment, only sees the four channels in the VIC 2B-NT/TE.

I think that you would have the VIC 2B-NT/TE in one router and the 2 VIC-FXS in other ´router.

Regards,

Juan Luis Lopez Calabuig

System Engineer

Cystelcom Sistemas (Spain)

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Rob,

The problem is you are trying to get 6 channels not 4.

BRI is 2 channels per port (1 for each B channel) and you have 2 of them = 4 channels on the BRI module and then you are trying to add the FXS ports.

An Nm-2V only supports a maximum of 4 ports.

This is your problem.

Paul

If you put the BRI module in the 1st slot it will use all the DSP resource. If you put the FXS port in the 1st slot it will work, leaving enough DSPs for 1 of the BRI ports to work in the 2nd slot. OK if you only need 1 BRI port.

Phil

Thanx all. I didn't knew the BRI uses all of the four dsp's.

Now I can go on!

Rob

Another question:

I have BRI 1/0 and BRI 1/1, but I only have voice port 1/0/0 and 1/0/1.

Shouldn't I also have to have voice ports 1/1/0 and 1/1/1???

Greets,

Rob Wind