Helpful
Replies

Internet subscriber

m.berbiche
Level 1
Level 1

Unity release 4.0(4)

CallaManager release 3.3(4)

We are experiencing a problem with a call placed internally versus externally. In Call manager the extension is programmed without any call forward no answer or busy. When we call this extension internally we get the Busy Tone when the phone is busy and a ring no answer when it's not answering.

When we place the call externally, the call is transfered by Unity ( Call Handler) via an Internet Subscriber to reach the extension, we have the condition programmed at the Greeting section, which was : Greeting: Blank, After Greeting: Hang up, why don't we have the Busy tone like internally since I don't supervise the transfer in Unity, shouldn't the Call manager handle the call and follow the Call Manager programming?

We have found a workaround temporally, we replaced the hang up by a Call Handler with a greeting saying that the extension is busy or not available to call later. Before we do a Call handler's Bulk change we would like to know if the condition is normal.

2 Replies 2

vocollect
Level 1
Level 1

Did you verify that Unity's Call Handler transfer is set to "Attempt Transfer" and not "Send to greeting"? (Which is the default.)

Send to Greeting - call stays in Unity

Attempt Transfer - call should (I would think) follow CM setup.

Not exactly sure what you meant to "Internet" Subscriber.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your response. My application is the following: I use an Internet Subscriber to be able to dial by name or extension from a Call handler with multiple choices. I am aware of the difference between the attempt transfer versus the send to greeting. My problem is when Unity follow the transfer programming , I should have a busy tone when the phone is busy rather then returning the caller to Unity and follow the after greeting promt which is Hang Up. Again, the Call Manager should handle the call not Unity if we don't supervise the transfer. Hopefully it's clearer.

Thanks again, any Idea to resolve the situation?