cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7821 Hookswitch issue

nmyamani
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, I facing issues sequentially in some 4 devices which when I remove handset from phone while I'm receiving call then I going to face:

* Call disconnected.

or

* Hookswitch will not respond and keep waiting for call or delay switch to handset.

and same thing if I open speaker and raised handset to transfer call on handset call while

I upload video to show this issue.

https://youtu.be/FC38EcUR4Mk

Sometimes I think this issue are hardware but when I remember that I faced it with 3 another device recently then I feel this issue software issue.

Please advice.

4 Replies 4

Raise an RMA if you have Smartnet. This is mostly hardware issue.

Response Signature

Our Smartnet we have to renew it because due to coronavirus time it was hard to remember everything, then we didn't extend our license but I'm going to ask for renewal.

What do you think become in sequentially in short time?

Renew the Smartnet and I believe there will be 30 days waiting  period for expired contracts before  rising RMA.

These are electronic devices and it can go faulty.

Response Signature

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I hope that doesn't become a trend with these. We've spent many hours in the past with washers and screwdrivers on the 7900 series phones and bad hook switches. At the very least, if you RMA it hopefully they will eventually find out if there's a deficiency. I haven't taken one of these apart yet to see if it's back to the paperclip and push button of the past, or if it's an optical sensor. I do sort of miss ROLM's design with a reed switch and magnet in the handset.

From the looks of the set, the handset does get used and isn't idle for too long. Is there any chance it improves after repeated attempts?