Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone ring type with CME

sdemarchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

You know any way to change on 7912 IP Phone the default ring type (chirp1, 2) with CME 3.0?

Any answer is appreciated.

Regards

4 Replies 4

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

That doc link refers to creating ring tones in Call Manager...while I'm sure the basic process is the same for Call Manager Express 3.2+ how and where are the *.raw files and RingList.xml stored since CME does not use an external TFTP server.

Hi - sejuras above is probably along the right lines... If you get on your CME router and do a

dir flash:

You will see load files, xml/html files for the GUI etc.. All the files that are static or meant to be edited by us...

If you do a:

dir system:/its

You see xml configuration files (sepdefault.xml and phone specific configs, locale files/folders) which I think are generated by the router. I think the United States/United Kingdom etc subfolders are here which is where the ringlist.xml will probably be.

If these are generated at startup your changes would be overwritten, but if they aren't you may be able to edit them...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I was able to do the following:

TFTP RingList.xml to Flash:

TFTP ctu.raw to Flash:

CME(config)#tftp-server flash:RingList.xml

CME(config)#tftp-server flash:ctu.raw

I am now able to see the new ring.

-Joe