cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Services - Address Book / Fast Dial - Data sharing

ldbotner
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to share one user's IP Services - Address Book / Fast Dial data with another user?

The Customer would like users of a work-group to share common Address Book and Fast Dial entries.

I have been researching the question using CCM Fundamentals and IP Services App Design Guide, but have not found an answer to the question.

6 Replies 6

Thank you for the information, which I have reviewed for relevance. However, the IPT user in question is not an Attendant Console operator, but a single user who would like to share his directory and speed dials with his team members. To date I have not found an answer to the question, and the customer has preceeded to having the team members modify their individual directories and speed dials. Thank you very much for the effort.

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

There's an indirect way. All PAB/FD data is stored under and gathered from the username that you use to subscribe to the service. Just create a role user, like "workgroup1" with whatever PIN, and subscribe PAB/FD to each phone with that same "workgroup1" user and PIN on each.

You can subscribe more than one copy of PAB/FD on a given phone if you want so they can keep their personal set. You can also choose to edit the Service Name when you subscribe the group PAB/FD services so it's visually distinguished from their personal set when they hit the Services button.

Thank you very much for the information. Currently the customer does not have the Cisco Personal Assistant application. I have conveyed this information to the customer for their consideration; Cisco PA could serve several useful purposes for the customer's business practice.

You don't need Personal Assistant to use the PAB and FD (Personal Address Book and Fast Dials) services, although Personal Assistant can make use of PAB/FD entries if they exist. PAB/FD is built into CallManager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4c7b.html

I thought from your initial post that you are already using those services. If so, as I mentioned above, the key is simply to use a shared username and PIN on the service subscription instead of using their own username.

Thank you for that clarification. I will certainly review the information provided and test your recommendation within our IPT lab environment. Then present the solution to the customer for their consideration. Thank you very much for your attention and assistance.