cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the Self-signed Certificate enough for Webex Meetings?

r-winkler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Since about a year our Cisco Spark Room Kit has not been able to be used in Webex meetings - I am now tasked with getting it back up and running, this is a new topic for me so forgive me if I have any glaring errors or omit any information.

I think that the Room Kit is not able to participate in Webex meetings because it needs a new updated certificate.

Our Cisco Spark Room Kit only has the "Self-Signed Certificate" in its Service Certificates:

rwinkler_0-1719233436069.png

I have read this configuration guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce90/room-kit-administrator-guide-ce90.pdf

I checked our CUCM to see if it has the correct configuration for the device, which it does (to the best of my understanding).

Essentially I am asking, do we need a new service certificate or, should the self-signed certificate be enough to allow the Room Kit to participate in meetings?

Thank you very much. 

4 Replies 4

The device certificate has nothing to do with the problem you experience. It is only used for access to the webUI of the device. Do you see any error message for when you try to join a meeting on the device?

Response Signature

Hello Roger, 

Thank you for the reply. 

Previously I was told OBTP was working on the Touch 10. That no longer seems to be the case - so I tried to join a webex meeting with SIP dailing. 

In the web interface I could find this error in the Call logs:

rwinkler_0-1719295855633.png

I will continue to investigate. 

Thank you very much.

Do you see the device being registered in CM? If you look at the workspace in Control Hub do you see the device in it? If so is it actively registered with Control Hub? Is your device able to connect to Control Hub? Lots of questions, but without specific information we cannot provide you any detailed help.

Response Signature

Thank you for the reply.

The device does seem to be registered in the CM:

rwinkler_0-1719408257412.png

I am not able to register the device on the Control Hub - I am getting a "TrackingID: ATLAS_e21131bf-9355-4d03-ad95-40743700ddfe_8" error when I try to add a device to a room, this was previously not the case I am not sure what has changed.

Overall, I am just confused what exactly I need to get this device to work.

It is registred in the cucm, webex is able to see and connect to the device (but not share the screen or start calls over it), the device is able to place internal calls on the Touchpad.

Is Webex missing licenses? 
I apologize for the lack of detail.

Thank you very much