Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client integration with 3rd party custom directory

Omar Gamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to add custom 3rd party directory to Jabber client. It is working with the IP desk phones as a XML phone service. How can I make it for Jabber?

Thanks in Advance 

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jabber client can do custom tabs that you can point to a url. Maybe have a look in that direction

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hello Dennis,

I tried to make that but when I point to the XML service URL and clicked that tab, XML file opened instead of the directory service. somebody from Cisco PDI said that you can make that 3rd party directory in web server. Is there any idea to make it work in right way?

Custom tabs just render HTML with the included engine. The custom directory application would have to include a HTML interface to display properly in the custom tab within Jabber. It will not parse on its own otherwise.

There is some guidance as to the tab's properties in the Jabber documentation - the web design should be responsive so that it can handle the window sizing possibilities, however, note that this type of content may not load properly over MRA if it is internal only, depending on where resources are being loaded from.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: