Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android - Samsung Galaxy Tab

Hi

I am having difficulty setting up the an Android device for Jabber.  Here's where I am...

-  CUCM 8.6.1, BOTxxxx device configured, DN configured and device associated (same set up for working iPhone 3GS)

-  Device : Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

-  Jabber for Android client on Samsung Tab

-  Can ping to CUCM from Samsung Tab (same subnet)

-  Can browse to CUCM from Samsung Tab -  After entering the Jabber client I enter the BOTxxxx & CUCM IP

-  ERROR "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"

-  On the CUCM the device remains unregistered Since the setup wizard does not complte there is no option to look at any logs (one for the BU?).

I have managed to set up an iPhone 3GS so was hoping the Samsung would be just as easy. Working from doc : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/JABA_BK_A940B90D_00_jabber-for-android-admin-guide.html

Many thanks for any help

John Mc

16 Replies 16

Hi Syed

Sort of an update - Jabber for Android just doesn't work very well. It is a little bit embarassing having to explain this to my customers, but nobody at Cisco seems to be listening. It doesn't work on HTC-one for definite. There is a list of supported handsets on the Release Notes, but it is pretty poor. Most of the time "not supported" means it will probably work, but is not supported by Cisco. I can live with that. However with JFA, "not supported" means it doesn't actually work.

The solution is very simple. 

1. Deinstall Jabber for Android.

2. Install CSIPSimple.

Works great. I went through a stage of testing new Jabber for Andoid releases to see if Cisco had fixed it, but have given up now. CSIPSimple does everything I need.

Barry Hesk
Intrinsic Network Solutions

Thats great, CSipsimple realy works fine..wasted so much time on jabber... Thanks for sharing..