Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA failover on CUCM

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Community

These has being mentioned many times over and is documented on issue id CSCuq79072. I also experienced it first handed few years back.

According to Cisco MRA Deployment Guide , Cisco does not support failover for any service except IM&P on jabber. Recently i have being testing with jabber (12.1.1.269866)  and latest CUCM (11.5(1)Su5) and Expressway (8.11.2) and i was surprise to find out that jabber is able to failover to secondary  CUCM when primary was turned down. Cisco said is not "supported" because is "inconsistent" o even not possible because of how client use TCP to connect and detect failure

The interesting piece is that jabber shows being register in one CUCM and  CUCM GUI reports another but calls can be routed successfully.

Does somebody else has similar experience?

Thanks

Alex 

6 Replies 6

yallies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

I'm using amlso CUCM 11.5(1)SU5 but with EW 8.11.4 and client CUCILync 11.6.5 and didn't manage to register to secondary Subscriber when primary stop.

You say that it's working for you, can you explain how di you manage it ? Have you only one EW-E or a pair ?

All details could be usefull for me

regards

Yvon

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4
hi i dont think so still failover supported in MRA. anything related to cucm group which is by default register with secondary its just my thought.

Hi,

Thank for your answer.

I've been informed by Cisco that this feature will be supported with Expressway version 12 announced for end of April 2019.

Does anyone know if this functionality has been released yet?

12.5 has been released but I do not see anything in the release notes about this new feature. 

Frank,

Not yet, this is still on the roadmap but not release yet.

Hello everybody,

Cisco has announced that this feature will be supported with CUCM release 14 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: