cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Last MDS Error [-519815419]: Client is already registered.

gh1008
Level 1
Level 1

I can bring up PG1 and PG2, but PG3 fails with the message below in PG3 OPC. There is a similar message in PG3 MDSOPC.

If I stop PG2, I can then start PG3 successfully. Then if I try to start PG2 I get an error similar to the below, and it won't start.

Any advice?

13:14:16 Initializing Event Management System (EMS) Library.

13:14:16 Trace: EMS Server pipe icm\PG3A\opcEMSPipe enabled for icm\PG3A\opc

13:14:16 Initializing Node Manager Library.

13:14:16 Trace: Monitor Server pipe icm\PG3A\opcCmdPipe enabled for icm\PG3A\opc

13:14:16 OPC Release 5.0A, Build 09724.

13:14:16 Trace: EMT I/O completion ports: max threads=2, concurent threads=0

13:14:19 Connection to MDS process established.

13:14:19 Unable to register with MDS process.

13:14:34 Unable to register with MDS process.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to run all three on the same server? ICM has a limitation (having to do with MDS ports) that prevents this. For a lab install, you can modify MDS ports to get around this.

If not (and only 2 PGs max on the same server) I suspect that when ICM setup was run the first time, it was mistakenly set for the wrong PG number and then setup was completed then later edited. Changing a PG number (e.g. from 2 to 3) after the fact (in PG setup) cannot be done – you must delete the errant PG and reload from scratch. I would personally reload both. Use setup from the \bin dir and delete both PGs, delete the instance then use regedt32 to delete the ICM keys, reboot and reload.

The other suggestion posted is also valid but I’d check these two first.

/Jeff

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

charbelsafadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I take this that you have 3 PG's on 1 side.

PG1 comes online with no errors.

PG2 and PG3 work but not at the same time, either 1 or the other?

Question:

1. Have you ever had all 3 working at the same time?

Please note that each PG must have a unique device assignment at the CallRouter. (If

a PG is duplexed, both physical machines use the same device assignment.) To

add another logical PG, you must enable another PG device for the CallRouter.

I would think that both PG2 and PG3 have the same device ID configured, please also ensure that you do not have same system ID configured in the MDS/DMP configuration.

In the call router setup please ensure that you have 3 PG's checked of in the DMP Configuration, then each PG should reference a different System ID.

Follow this link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/prod_installation_guide09186a008007f420.html

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to run all three on the same server? ICM has a limitation (having to do with MDS ports) that prevents this. For a lab install, you can modify MDS ports to get around this.

If not (and only 2 PGs max on the same server) I suspect that when ICM setup was run the first time, it was mistakenly set for the wrong PG number and then setup was completed then later edited. Changing a PG number (e.g. from 2 to 3) after the fact (in PG setup) cannot be done – you must delete the errant PG and reload from scratch. I would personally reload both. Use setup from the \bin dir and delete both PGs, delete the instance then use regedt32 to delete the ICM keys, reboot and reload.

The other suggestion posted is also valid but I’d check these two first.

/Jeff