cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line selection when going off-hook (outbound call)

pma1995
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.0 will only select line 1 when going off-hook for outbound calls. We chose a different line, for example line 2, as the prime line under the user setting;device association. That did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

When you answer a multi-line phone (take the phone off-hook), the default behavior is for the phone to select the ringing line automatically. You can modify this behavior so that the phone always selects the prime line (line 1) when you go off-hook. To enable prime line selection for all phones, set the AlwayUsePrimeLineFlag to 1 in the SCM.INI file. If prime line selection is enabled, users must always press a line button to select a line other than the prime line, even if there is an incoming call on that other line.

Hi,

Is it possible to do it on indivisual phone level.

I know theres a service parameter "Always Use Prime Line" but changing that will affect the cluster.

So I am looking for method to do this on a phone level basis not throughout the cluster.

Pls let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks,

Arijit

I am talking about outbound calls, not inbound calls. Right now, when the user goes off-hook, and there are no calls ringing on the phone, the phone automatically selects line 1 all of the time. How can you get the phone to automatically select line 2 all of the time when going off-hook without having to push the line 2 button?