cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging in to Unity via Phone

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question about interaction with Unity via the phone.

As a user I am away from the office and I attempt to call another Unity user from my phone. On a ring no answer I am sent to Unity and the correct prompt is played. I decide to log into my mailbox without leaving a message for the user I just called, and press *.

The system prompts me for my login and password. When I finish entering my password and press #, I recieve the prompt to leave a message for the person I origionally called. there are no other options. The only way I can continue is to press # for the second time. This then brings me into my mailbox.

Is this normal Unity operation, or is something funny happening.

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is expected... it's a short cut way of leaving a subscriber to subscriber message for someone you were calling (i.e. from an external phone instead of your office phone). When you sign in while listening to another subscribers greeting you're given the option of leaving that user a message right after logging in.

currently there's no way to turn this off... I think there may be a PERS request in already for this but it couldn't hurt to have your account team hit it again so folks know it's something you want to be able to disable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is expected... it's a short cut way of leaving a subscriber to subscriber message for someone you were calling (i.e. from an external phone instead of your office phone). When you sign in while listening to another subscribers greeting you're given the option of leaving that user a message right after logging in.

currently there's no way to turn this off... I think there may be a PERS request in already for this but it couldn't hurt to have your account team hit it again so folks know it's something you want to be able to disable.

Thanks Jeff, that helped a lot.

Adam