cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Distance Billing Codes

jjbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

I have an installation where the customer is using a long distance provider that requires billing codes to be entered to complete a long distance call. This works fine when someone places the call from a phone, but we need to forward calls to numbers that are long distance. These forwarded calls require the billing code to be entered before the long distance provider will complete the call. Does any one have any ideas on how I might solve this one?

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of gateway is being used with the CallManager? If you are using an H.323 gateway then it may be possible in some limited capacity.

ryan.hicks
Level 1
Level 1

I have had the same issue and opened a TAC case for the problem. I had to have the carrier stop prompting me for the access code. This is because you cannot enter a pause in the forwarded number field and usually the carrier waits 2 seconds before prompting for the code. Cisco says that this is by design because different signalling on the gateways will not interpret the pause. TACs answer was to do in house account codes and use the XML account code application.