cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make changes on uplink on Cisco ASR920 without losing access

ajihu
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco ASR920 out in the field on which I would like to make changes on the uplink. The uplink port is currently setup with a service instance and BDI for Mgmt access, and this is the only way I can reach it. I want to convert it to an untagged port, putting the IP directly on the port itself and set it up for ISIS and MPLS. I know I could technically do that stuff in a service instance but it would bother me being not really "clean" having it setup that way.

So the question is, how do I make these changes without losing the box? (Kinda used to Juniper where I could do 'commit' etc).

There are no customers on it at the moment so it's not the end of the world if I would lose it, but it's some extra hours of work sending out a field tech to save it via console.

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I guess, this question would be better located in the "Networking" forum.

Your question is not related to any Collaboration/Voice/Video topic.

I agree with @b.winter th topic is likely better to ask in another part of the community.

Having that said I would recommend you to copy the entire configuration to a file, then work on this file offline to make the adoptions needed. Once your happy with the changes made to the file copy it back to the flash of the device. Once there copy the content of the file into startup configuration. When you want to enable the changes just reload the box. You’d might want to make sure that you have console access to the system if things goes wrong. If it does you can always copy the content of the original file over to startup configuration and just reload the device again to get back to as was before.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: