Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulate the called SIP address on cucm

Hao Hu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way that I can manipulate the called SIP address on CUCM?

for example, how can I change the called SIP address 3212@d1.com to 5553212@d2.com on CUCM.

SIP route pattern doesn't seem to have the ability to change the called pattern.

I know Expway can do transformation, but can I do it on CUCM without sending to Expway?

Thank you!

Hao

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are going to want to do any SIP translation in CUCM, you can try setting up a SIP Normalization script for the modify statements. They would be applied to whatever SIP trunk the original pattern is direct to. I am not sure this would work for the expected redirection you are looking for though.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213516-configure-sip-normalization-script-in-cc.html

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the guidance!

SIP normalization script is a good approach and should be able to solve my problem. I am just wondering why CUCM doesn't have a SIP translation pattern available?

Hao

I would say at least from my experience, any SIP translations I have ever required were on the edge device, ex. SIP Trunk, CUBE, Expressway and never had a true need to do so within CUCM.
It would not be a bad feature request to pass on to your Cisco AM though.