cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking internal extension numbers CCM 4.1(3)

kelly-john
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I have a manager who does not wish his internal extension number to appear as CLI on any other IP phones. Is there a way of masking his number so that his secretary's number appears instead on the phones he makes calls to?

3 Replies 3

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

Under the Line Settings for the Device,

Change the Display(Internal Call ID ) to reflect what ever you want to the other party to see.

Unfortunately the number of the calling extension still appears in brackets under whatever you set the Internal Call ID to be - i need the extension number not to appear at all.

I wanted to do a similar task recently and was unable to find a way. TAC confirmed there is no feature at present to allow the internal CLI to be masked, but suggested a fairly complicated way that might achieve the same solution.

The idea was to place the phone in question in a dedicated partition. Have a CSS that didn't have permission to call the partition of the other internal ext's, but instead was able to call them via a translation pattern, which then gives the opportunity to amend the CLI.

I didn't get round to testing this as I wasn't happy setting up a messy workaround just to suit a couple of users.