cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

max. number of conference calls

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

Just to confirm the max. number of calls a NM-HDV-1T1-24 with 1 VWIC-1MFT-T1 and 1 PVDM-12 can be supported.

Since PVDM-12 contains 3 DSPs, each DSP can support one conferencing session and each session can support six-party conferences. Does it mean I can support eighteen conference calls at the same time? Thanks.

Also if we are using meet-me conferencing and there are 6 parties using G.711 codec try to join the conference, does it mean 80kbps x 6 = 480kbps bandwidth will be consumed by the conference calls? Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by the first question but

one (1) NM-HDV=, two (2) PVDM-12=, and one (1) VWIC-1MFT-T1 supports 24 channels of medium complexity VoCoders: G.729a/b, G.726, G.711, and fax

see: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_data_sheet09186a0080194e20.html

So if you hv one NM-HDV and one VWIC-1MFT-T1 configured for 24 channels, you have three slots left for PVDM-12.

Each PVDM-12 can support three conference sessions. Each conference sessions can support six calls.

So to answer your question, yes that is 18 calls but you cannot have all 18 calls in one conference. For that you will need Cisco Conference Connection.

I'll leave the bandwidth questions to the experts but that seems right to me.

H. M.