cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification problem

msamuels
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem when configuring Unity message notification to another number.

Unity rings the number defined and announces you have new messages and asks "please enter mailbox id". However it doesn't allow me to enter any input at all 0-9,* or #.

It seems the DTMF tones aren't being passed or intepreted. However this is not a router configuration error for DTMF as Unity allows me to call in to access my messages remotely if I dial Unity, but not if Unity dials me.

Anyone seen this before ?

Cheers

Mike

CCIE #3675

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What type of integration is this? If it's CallManager, than it most likely isn't an issue with Unity.

With a CallManager integration, the DTFM tones are sent out of band as SCCP messages. So Unity doesn't actually do any tone recognition. IOS based h.323 gateways can be a little troublesome when configuring them to pass DTMF. You might try notification to an IP phone to isolate the gateway.

Let me know what you come up with…

Keith

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It just might be a router config issue. I encountered the same symptoms a while back when I was playing with VoIP. It turned out that incoming calls to Unity were associated with one dial-peer, whereas outgoing calls from Unity were associated with another dial-peer. The dial-peer that was applied to outgoing calls did not have the appropriate DTMF-relay configured like the incoming dial-peer did.

rchapee
Level 1
Level 1

Try using a "incoming called-number" command on your voip dial peer. Example below. Don't forget the "."

dial-peer voice 3 voip

preference 1

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 1....

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 99

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:10.2.10.1

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

no vad

*** www.iptnetworkers.com ***