Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Waiting Lamp Policy

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

Two things:

1. I have CCM 3.3(4) and changed the service parameters for Message Waiting Lamp Policy to "Light and Prompt" from "Primary Line Only Light and Prompt". Does it require a reboot because I left a message and only my primary line lit and prompted. I wanted only the 4th line to light when leaving a message on that line. I also went into that line and changed the Message Waiting Lamp Policy for that line to Light and Prompt.

2. Within Unity under Messages -> MWI Extensions are you able to add the alternate extension there? The docs say you can, however, i've been told by TAC and other engineers you're not suppose to change this and leave it as X. What are the consequences of either deleting the X and replacing with another number or adding the number in additon to the X?

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

1. If you want only the fourth line on the phone to display message waiting notifications, set its MWI Policy to Light and Prompt, and set the MWI Policy on all the other lines on that phone to None. You don't need to reboot the CallManager or anything, but you'll want to reset the phone.

2. The X is simply shorthand for "the extension of this mailbox". That's how MWIs are lit by default on the subscriber's own phone. You can have up to ten extensions on that list including the X. And yes, you can remove that X if you really don't want to activate the MWI on the subscriber's extension. Sometimes that's applicable for system mailboxes where the mailbox's extension isn't a phone.