Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mgcp isdn network-failure-cause

Hi

I have a network that needs a cause code of 34 on network failure ,I have configured it on the voice serial interface ,but the call is cleared with the original cause of 0x80AA - Switching equipment congestion .I guess its because MGCP is in control of the call ,so how do I change the failure code in MGCP ? or am I guessing wrong !!

4 Replies 4

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

The MGCP is in control of the call, so the gateway won't be able to overwrite the cause code. MGCP doesn't have such commands.

There seems to be a second problem ,when the mgcp loses ip conectivity with the callmanager the isdn interface stays up and if a call comes in it does nothing with it .I always thought the isdn would be dropped at l2 / l3 if the mgcp was broken ,ant thoughts ?

You can configure MGCP (SRST) fallback on the router so when it loses MGCP connection it falls back to H323 mode. Then IOS will be in control of PRI while in fallback mode and dial-peers, IOS commands, etc will be used.

This did not help untill I added the isdn network failure cause 34 line to the serial interface ,it now works OK

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: