Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP on 2821

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I had a very weird problem. If I use H323,D chanel is ok and show isd status is fine and State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED

but if use mGCP, d channel is down.

I have talked carrier and they saw the same thing as soon as use MGCP, they saw D channel down.State = TEI_ASSIGNED

Please see my attached file. thanks

Btw, verison is

flash:c2800nm-ipvoice-mz.123-8.T8.bin

Switch is DMS-100. CCM is 4.12SR1

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Its weird, that MGCP shows gateway registered, while the PRI status shows down in the sh isdn status output. Can you upgrade your IOS to latest T train and see if that helps ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

It is weird. Actually it was c2800nm-ipvoice-mz.123-14.T1 and not work so I downgraded to this.

and on CCM shows it not registered.

Can you paste a sh voice dsp output.

Also paste a CCM gateway configuration page (end point) screenshot if possible.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

I had MAJOR problems with 12.3.14T2 and 2800 Routers with a VWIC Card. Check the Controller t1 see if you are getting errors... I was getting massive ammounts of t1 Line Coding and Framing errors... Even with a short cross over cable to another router I was seeing these errors... I downgraded the IOS to all versions other then 12.3.14T2 and the issue went away....

I think I went back to 12.3.8T5 or 8 I think...

Had lots of problems with 28XX running MGCP too. The best solution for me was upgrading to 12.4.1a , which fixed most of major issues there

Guys.my mistake. I should've use onboard T1 when configuring end point on CCM not the VWIC because I don't have VWIC. After changed it to onboard, it works.

But i really don't see any document about using onboard. U guys have the link? Thanks