cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP on 3660 Router Call Manager Gateway reset shuts voice-ports

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

If I do a gateway reset in Call Manager 3.3(4) of a 3660 Router Gateway running IOS Version 12.3(5a) all the FXS ports on the router (on 2-NM-HDA cards) go into an adminstratively shutdown mode. If I unshut the ports on the router everything starts working until you do a gateway reset. This is strange and I think should not be happening, what can I do to correct this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Can you post a router configuration file (remove passwords, etc).

You may also want to look at updating the gateway IOS to latest 12.3T since several MGCP and voice-related issues have been corrected. I have had similar issues with the HDA in earlier 12.3 code. Also 3.3(4) sr1a is available for the call manager 3.3(4) if you haven't applied any SR's yet.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Can you post a router configuration file (remove passwords, etc).

You may also want to look at updating the gateway IOS to latest 12.3T since several MGCP and voice-related issues have been corrected. I have had similar issues with the HDA in earlier 12.3 code. Also 3.3(4) sr1a is available for the call manager 3.3(4) if you haven't applied any SR's yet.

The current Config, minus all sensative data is attached, ports 3/0/0-3 and 5/0/0-3 (FXS ports) all go administratively shutdown whenever you do a gateway reset from inside callmanager. I will be upgrading to the latest 12.3T IOS shortly to see if that changes anything. Let me know if you see anything in the config that could be causing this:

A quick update 12.3(8)T3 seems to have corrected the issue with the FXSports shutting down on CallManager Gateway reset.

The config looks fine. Don't see any problems with it.

Glad the new IOS fixed things up.