cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Login

d-doyle
Level 1
Level 1

We are a CM 3.3 shop and I'm trying to get mobility login to work. When I try logging into a 7960 I receive the following error: Login Unsuccessful Error 12. Any suggestions?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

des.greene
Level 1
Level 1

In addition to subscribing the phone to the Extension Mobility service, have you also ticked the "enable extension mobility feature" check box on the phone configuration page?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I had check the enable feature in the users profile. How do I make sure the device is associated with the phone? When I go into the user config. and select device association in has 2 devices associated with that user but no sure what they are. The user is also subscribed to that service.

Hello,

For extension mobility you need to following things.

1.Create Ip phone service .

2.Create a user profile ( in the device profile).Subscriber the Ip phone service to this device profile.

3.On the user page create the user.If the user is already there all you need to do is associate the user profile to this user .On the user page there is extension mobility .If you click on that it will give you option to associate the user profiles.It is not necessary to associate the phones to the user in the device association.For extension mobility the user profile needs to be associated with the user and not the phone.you can also have the phone associated with the user ( if you want)

4.On the phones page you need to check the enable extension and chose the logout profile.Also you need to subscriber the phone to ip phone service created above.

Thanks,

Radhika.

I feel that your device profile is not associated with the user .On the user page make sure in the extension mobility the user profile is associated .

Thanks,

Radhika.

Thanks for the help.

I didn't realize that really there is 2 profiles for a user 1 as a user and then a device profile. I have be able to make it work (not pretty at this stage) lost all speed and subscribed services but it is working. We were trying to use this for office moves, were the people who moves can simple go to their new office and login. The real work is matching their current user template with their user template. Getting closer and appreciate all your help.

Thanks