cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Manager and MGCP gateway

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can MM work with an MGCP gateway ? I see from the docs that for Mobile voice access feature you need a H323 gateway. For single number reach alone, will an MGCP gateway work ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
13 Replies 13

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sankar,

SNR with MM will work with an MGCP gateway as it is using Partitions, CSS, Route Points, and CTI Ports in CMM to redirect calls. An H.323 gateway is required for system remote access as this feature uses a VXML script on the gateway. I will be deploying MM with MGCP gateways in the next week or so.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

Thats what I thought. The documentation available for MM install / config is very limited.

I am starting to install the server this week and work through deploying it next week. Client is not so keen with converting the gateway to H323 mode. I may have to use hairpinning to circumvent this.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Brandon,

Did you get to install this ? I installed the software, did the integration for a test user. When a call comes in, it rings both the ip phone and my cell phone, but when i pick up on the cell phone, i am basically put on hold and after few seconds, the call is disconnected. Gateway used is MGCP. I have set the device pools of the outgoing CTI ports with an MRGL that has no access to MOH. I can hear Tone on hold, when i pick up the call on cell phone and seconds later the call is hung up.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Sankar,

I have not started the install yet. I'm just back in the office today, so I hope to unbox the server and begin installation midweek. If you don't mind, keep me updated on what you find.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon,

Finally figured out the problems , ofcourse with help from Cisco TAC. They have been of great help. A few things to watch out.

a. At first you have to update the Jtapi auto update of jar files settings in Mobility manager to Yes.

b. Set Callmanager version to 4.1 in Settings page of MM as well.

c. If you are running any of the following SRs, 4.1.3 SR3a,3b,3c you will hit the bug CSCsd18730

- I had my Route-lists in CM with Calling party transform mask set to "On". This caused the calling party number set by JTAPI (mobility manager) in this case to get overwritten by the Routelist setting. So in essence you will see the CTI ports extension as caller id. To fix this, you need to do two things.

a. Move to 4.1.3 ES72 (you can get this only from tac)

b. Set the CTI route point for Mobility manager as "!#" (bang - pound) rather than "!". If you look at the documentation for MM install, you will see this route point as set to "!".. TAC said that this is a requirement starting with newer CM versions.

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Sankar,

Thanks for the update. I just finished setting up MM and it's working great. I did not go to ES72 as I'm not doing any transformations at the route list level. Again, thanks for the help!

Brandon

Shanky,

What was the fix for calls dropping after a short time on hold? I am having the identical issue.

Thanks

Robert,

Under mobility manager web interface, go under system -> system parameters and change Auto update jtapi file settings to yes.

Leave Always update jtapi file to No. (which is defaults).

Also under "Auto udpate JTAPI server name or ip address" setting to the ip address of Subscriber or publisher.

Also make sure your CTI ports or route points dont have any MOH servers listed in their MRGLs.

HTH

Sankar

PS: pleaser remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I am setting up Mobility Manager and I can't seem to get the User Links to register with CallManager. I created a route point of 6900 then two cti_port of 6901, 6902. I associated those with user-id CMM. How can I test that I am even talking to mobility manager? I don't find the install docs that helpful?

Thanks,

You need two users (system users, say mmout and mmshared) one to control shared line CTI ports and another to control the outgoing CTI ports. r every 5 users there should be one outgoing CTI port (Just a recommendation). You should associate all shared line ports to the mmshared user). The shared line cti port should have identical settings as your ip phone.

You should also associate Outgoing CTI ports and the route point you created to the mmout user.

Configure these same users in the Mobility manager and restart mobility manager service.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I am setting up my MM and just discovered that the Mobile Voice Access does not support MGCP.

We have a PRI on a 2801 that is registered via MGCP.

I am a little confused by the MM documentation... Can I leave the PRI as MGCP and add the H323 config to the same router for Mobile Voice Access or do I need to rebuild the PRI for H323? Are there any work-arounds for this? I would rather just stick to MGCP. Does anyone have any example MM h323 configs? Thanks!

You cannot leave the PRI on a MGCP gateway and do H323 configs on the same PRI, as MGCP backhauls all q931 signalling to CM.

You can how ever try this. I have never tried this feature. Send the call to Callmanager, match a route pattern and send it back to the gateway via H323 to do a hairpin. Use two voip dial-peers one for incoming and one for outgoing, and configure the router as an IPIPGW.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incominc called-number 3...

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 3...

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:

no vad

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

I hope you can now do a voicexml, Mobile voice access configs on these dial-peers.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.