cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Fixed Audio Source Problem

ppitts
Level 1
Level 1

We run 2 7825s in a cluster. We installed a Telex P-800 on the second. Both run as MOH servers. I went through the setup ensuring the MOH Server and Fixed Audio Source matched the preferred device recording setting in the control panel.(Case, spaces and Spelling). I have reset all servers, but still get no audio from the fixed audio source. I know the sound is reaching the server due to the recording function built into windows. I noticed "Wave In" is the only input. Cisco documentation mentions "Line In", but I don't know if this would affect this or not. Any feedback would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

mlinsemier
Level 1
Level 1

I wasn't sure if you got this resolved... we use a similar setup as you using 7835's, the Telex P-800, and a Apple iPod.

1) Verify 100% that the spelling is correct in the fixed audio source. It should read "USB Audio Source" if your using the Telex P-800. If you want multicasting, check the "Allow Multicasting Box"

2) Under System | Device pool make sure that your phones that you currently want to stream the MoH audio source to have it setup. For example, if you were using the "Default" device pool, make sure that both Network Hold MOH Audio Source and User Hold MOH Audio Source is set to 51 - Fixed Audio Source.

3) When all else fails, restart your server that has the MOH server.

Matt

Matt,

Does your Telex show up as "USB Audio Source" or "USB Audio Device". Also, I heard that the fixed audio source requires multicasting. Is that true? The Audio Source configuration page gives me the option to allow it, but it is cleared by default leading me to believe that I can run it without multicasting. Are you running this over Multicast?

Paul

Paul,

I am sorry it is "USB Audio Device" (sorry I transposed the "Source" from the line above.

Yes we are currently using it via Multicast however I know that it runs Unicast as well since that is how we origially deployed it.