Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Expressway - Alerting on events

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

We are sending data to syslog and SNMP servers, but I can't find any documentation on what data we might be able to act upon from those logs.  We do have a data analytics package, but how do I communicate to that team on what information I'm interested in?

Thanks for all pointers.

Response Signature
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the logging section of the Expressway X8.9 Admin Guide starting on pg 266, it might help you figure out what data the Expressway will send to your remote logging system.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the logging section of the Expressway X8.9 Admin Guide starting on pg 266, it might help you figure out what data the Expressway will send to your remote logging system.

Patrick,

I don’t know how I missed this. Thank you so much!

Response Signature

i've reviewed the admin and serviceability guides and see the various logging options, as well as separate mechanisms for:

REST API (seems only for configuration, not statistics like is available via the administration)

and

System Metrics Collection (via separate plugin)

and

CDRs, via separate API.

Are all the above the only options for monitoring (statistics, cdrs, alarms/logging, etc.) ?

Or is there a single API (or is/are there 'hidden' resources in the REST API for 'GET'ting those informations ala the administration pages?